In some ways it flew by, in others it seems a long time since we were last welcoming in a new year. Regardless, it’s the start of 2016 and a good opportunity to review what happened in 2015. Let the bullet points commence!:
- We grew some of our own vegetables (peas, carrots, parsnips, beetroot, rocket, tomatoes, peppers, runner beans), with varying degrees of success (and learned some lessons for next year)
- I’m still spending a great deal of time commuting from the beautiful countryside I live in to central London
- I read 21 books, according to Goodreads. A mixture of fiction and photography/design. My favourite book of the year was The Martian by Andy Weir. It translated into a good film, too!
- I purchased a mirrorless second camera and had a lot of fun with it (long may it continue!)
- We said a sudden heartbreaking goodbye to one of our beloved cats 😦
- We had an adventurous European holiday by train
- I shot (not counting the ones I discarded) 2,803 frames (more than last year)
- A new Star Wars film was released and it was a proper Star Wars film (I enjoyed it immensly)
- The salted caramel and fudge pavlova I made as an alternative to Christmas pudding last year seems to have become a new tradition. Seriously moreish!
- To my own surprise (thanks to a personal trainer), I began lifting weights. Which will help to reduce any lasting effects of said pavlova…
I hope it was a good year for you! Do you like to look back and reflect too?
To finish, here are a few of my favourite pictures from the last 12 months. Here’s to more photographic fun in 2016!